Monday, May 30, 2016

Patriotic Banana Splits

On my morning run, I thought about the significance of Memorial Day and how proud I am to be an American.  I also thought about what to fix for breakfast for the kids when I got home.  These two parallel thought processes combined into what I called Patriotic Banana Splits!



1. Take a banana and split it in half lengthwise.  I also split each length in half.

2. Spread peanut butter or almond butter on top.

3. Sprinkle cashews on top.  This is my sons favorite nut.

4. Sprinkle a few white chocolate chips, to make this fun and also to represent our country's white stars.

5. Sprinkle blueberries and raspberries on top.  You could use strawberries.  I didn't have any because they were quickly eaten after purchases yesterday.  You may have to chop up your berries to fit them in!  And there you have all of your red and blue to complete the US colors.

These were easy and a hit!





No comments:

Post a Comment