Sunday, June 5, 2016

Black Bean and Avocado Pizza


Pizza night has always been a staple in our household.  It continues to be nearly a weekly dinner, but it is a departure from calling the local Pizza Hut.  Instead, we typically make our pizza at home.

Yummy!!!


A lot of you get the drill.  Buy a Boboli crust or something like that - pita brea, flatbread, bagels, you name it.  We use the Angelic brand "Flatzza", which can be used at a pizza or flatbread.  We like it because it a sprouted bread.
A typical pizza night pizza.
Tomato sauce, shredded mozzarella as the base.
Asparagus and zucchini toppings.
 My favorite Flatzzas are the 5 packs because everyone can get what they want.  I can make cheese with no toppings, veggie, meat lover's, and my personal favorite which I will share for this blog entry.  I got the idea from reading about tostadas.  I love black beans, cheese, avocados, veggies, and pizza, and this recipe just marries all of them together for me!  I wish I had a more creative name than "Black Bean and Avocado Pizza" but at least it is descriptive.

I start with the crust.
Spread black bean spread across.  I use Oasis brand.

Top with 1/4 cup of mexican cheese blend.
Bake at 400F for about 8 minutes.


As soon as it comes out, add sliced avocado, tomato, and lettuce.








No comments:

Post a Comment