The best part is that my daughters have no idea that these are made with those ingredients. They are happily eating them up, just like buttermilk pancake mix. These pancakes still have that light and fluffy taste but I feel so much better about what they are eating. Because of the strawberries inside, they don't even need any syrup, which is another bonus!
1/2 cup white flour
1/2 cup wheat flour
3 tbsp flaxseed
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup milk
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla
3 tbsp honey
1 cup diced strawberries
- Mix all dry ingredients together in one bowl.
- In another bowl, mix together milk and lemon.
- Let the milk and lemon mixture stand for 5 minutes and then stir to break up clumps. Note: Instead of doing this in steps 2 and 3, you could just use 1 cup buttermilk.
- Add egg, vanilla, and honey to the milk and lemon juice. Whisk to combine.
- Fold in strawberries to the wet mix.
- Pour the wet mix over the dry mix and gently stir with a wooden spoon to combine.
- The batter is now ready for the pan or griddle.
- Spray or oil your pan and cook to your liking. A plastic spatula works well for slipping.