Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Roasted Vegetables


I used to eat very few vegetables before I started my cleaner style of eating.  Now, vegetables are half of my plate at dinner.  My favorite way to prepare vegetables is by roasting them.

Roasting vegetables is super easy.  
  • Preheat your oven to 400 F.  
  • Cut up whatever vegetables you like.  
  • Toss them with some olive oil and some seasonings.  I like salt and pepper.  
  • Place them on a baking sheet.  I like to line mine with parchment paper.  Bake for about 20 minutes.  If you like them crispy, broil for a couple of minutes at the end.  Voila!

To make weekdays easier, I usually cut up veggies at night for the next day.  To keep cost down, I buy what is in season.  I am really enjoying the farmer's market right now.  This is also a great way when you have random vegetables in your fridge to use, to get them consumed.

Before picture: everything is seasoned and ready to place in the oven.
After picture: Slightly crispy and yet tender.

Before picture: Right now, asparagus and radishes are in season.
After picture: Radishes taste so good when roasted!

Before picture: Tossing in some sweet potatoes and dried cranberries with brussels sprouts.

After picture: This would make a great Thanksgiving Day dish.
I really like broiling the brussels sprouts and getting them pretty crispy.

No comments:

Post a Comment