Saturday, July 30, 2016

Avocado Egg Toast

One of my favorite things to do when traveling is to visit local farmers markets.  I like to see what is in season and what fruits or vegetables the area is known for.

My recent journeys took me to Maui.  I know - it's a tough life! 

Farmers markets in Maui have a great variety of tropical fruits, as you would expect.  I cannot wait to share some of what I did with papayas and mangos.  However, I will start with something else I discovered.  What I did not expect to encounter in Maui were these enormous avocados.

Check out this avocado!

I couldn't wait to cut into an avocado. I found that not only were the avocados huge, but the nut in the middle was the size of a baseball!  

Check this out, relative to my hand!

They sure don't have avocados like that where I come from.  Best of all, the avocados were nice and ripe.

Mmmmm.....

At this point, I had some hard boiled eggs that I picked up from the deli, this huge avocado, and bread.  I decided to try a new idea based on a spin off from my normal breakfast of scrambled eggs and guacamole on toast.

Ingredients:
1/4 ripe avocado 
2 hard boiled eggs
2 pieces bread
Salt and pepper (optional)

Instructions:
1. Toast bread.
2. Scoop and smash avocado on each slice of toast.
3. Slice each hard boiled egg and layer on top of the avocado/toast.
4. Season with salt and pepper (optional). 

Enjoy this easy, tasty, and filling breakfast.

The finished product, in our Maui kitchen.






No comments:

Post a Comment