Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Spaghetti Squash


I love spaghetti squash in place of spaghetti.   You can have squash with sauce and meatballs or make it a "pasta" bake or a stir fry.  It is so easy to get spaghetti squash ready for recipes.  Oftentimes I make spaghetti squash the night before the meal so it is ready to go and one less thing for me to deal with.  I don't like having to bake a spaghetti squash for 30 minutes and covering it in oil or water.  That's too much work!  Here is my favorite, easy way to make spaghetti squash.  

1. Pierce the squash about 8 times with a fork, depending on the size.
2. Place on a microwave safe bowl and microwave for about 20 minutes.  Make sure to rotate it at the 10 minute mark.
3. Let it rest for a bit, and then cut it in half.
4. Scoop out the seeds in the middle.
5. Get a big fork and shred your spaghetti squash.
6. Either serve immediately or store your spaghetti squash after it has cooled in a ziplock bag or tupperware container.

Here is my pierced spaghetti squash.  I use a big fork.
After microwaving, the squash looks lighter in color.
After resting and cooling, cut the squash in half.
After the seeds are scooped out, it is time to shred with a fork.
Here is all that lovely spaghetti squash.

No comments:

Post a Comment