Monday, July 11, 2016

Walnut Feta Vegetable Salad

I went to Panera for lunch this week and had a great salad.  Then I realized that instead of spending $8 on a salad, I could easily make a great salad at home.

Salads are so versatile.  You start with your base: your favorite lettuce types.  Then you add your vegetables.  Then you can have fun with nuts, cheeses, and dried fruits.  Finally, you can top your salad with additional protein.

After making this walnut feta vegetable salad, I packaged some for lunches and added grilled chicken on top of each one.

This recipe makes a pretty huge salad, as you can see.  I served it for dinner and had leftovers for some lunches.

Ingredients:
One head iceberg lettuce, chopped
6 oz spinach, chopped
2 cups chopped walnuts
4 oz crumbled feta cheese
5 oz dried cranberries 
1 small head cauliflower, chopped
8 oz radishes, chopped

Instructions:
Toss it all together.  You can top with grilled chicken.  If you are interested in making your own dressing to go with this salad, I will be sharing my recipe for a homemade balsamic vinaigrette dressing shortly.

Plenty of salad to feed a big family.

It is fun to make your salad colorful.
Topped with grilled chicken for an easy lunch.



No comments:

Post a Comment