I have a bit of obsession with granola, and who doesn't love chocolate? I have played around with various Nutella granola recipes. After much experimentation, I came up with this creation. You get that wonderful sweet taste, and yet it is light on the calorie side.
2.5 cups old fashioned rolled oats
2 tbsp honey
1/4 cup hazelnut spread
2 tbsp water
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 325 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Measure out rolled oats into a large mixing bowl.
3. Combine honey, hazelnut spread, and water into a microwave safe container. Microwave for about 30 seconds. Stir and spread over oats and mix.
4. Once combined, spread mixture onto baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and mix granola. Add pecans and return to the oven for 15 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and cool. If more chocolate is desired, mix in 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips.
Nutrition Information (not including chocolate chips): for 1/4 cup serving -
Fat: 4.9 g
Sodium: 2 mg
Carbs: 12.9 g
Fiber: 1.6 g
Sugars: 4.2 g
Protein: 2.2 g