It is blueberry season, which means it is time to make some blueberry recipes. Here is one for some pretty healthy blueberry muffins. They include whole wheat flour and just enough sugar to not become a dessert or take away from the natural sweetness of the blueberries. There are also oats in there, which really give you some staying power. This is a great snack or breakfast.
1/2 cup all purpose flour + 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1.5 cups old fashioned rolled oats
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp kosher salt
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup milk
1 cup blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Get a muffin tin and fill with 12 liners.
2. Blend all dry ingredients together in one bowl.
3. Blend all wet ingredients together in another bowl - start by whisking the eggs and then add in the milk and the vanilla.
4. Add #3 to #2.
5. Mix all together. I don't use an electric mixer, just the power of my hands and a big spoon.
6. Once mixed, gently stir in the blueberries. You may wish to use a wooden spoon or rubber spatula for this step.
7. Pour batter into liners.
8. Bake for about 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.