This is my absolute favorite breakfast! It is so easy to make, it tastes so great, it's good for you, and the protein gives you so much lasting energy.
In the past, I have used different types of bread and avocados for this recipe. I can never get through a whole avocado in a week, so I tend to use the 100 calorie guacamole packs that you can get in the supermarket, which increases the convenience factor of this dish. I also have settled on sprouted bread as my favorite. Sprouted bread is typically available at your local organic market, and even at some chain stores like Aldi. Sprouted bread has many benefits, my favorite which is its low glycemic index. This means your sugar won't be spiking up crazy high after eating it!
2 egg white
2 slices sprouted grain bread
100 calorie pack guacamole spread
Salt and pepper (optional)
1. Spray and heat small saucepan. Place bread in the toaster and set toast level to your liking.
2. While bread is toasting, scramble up eggs in the saucepan.
3. Once toast is ready, spread each slice with half of the guacamole spread.
4. Top each slice with half of the scrambled eggs.
5. If desired, sprinkle salt and pepper on top of each slice.
Nutrition Information: (not including salt and pepper) -
Fat: 15.2 g
Cholesterol: 185 mg
Sodium: 684.3 mg
Potassium: 491.4 mg
Carbs: 27.7 g
Fiber: 7 g
Sugars: 2.7 g
Protein: 23.8 g
Vitamin A: 8%
Vitamin C: 6%