Sunday, November 13, 2016

One Hour Meal Prep: 4 Turkey Lunches

It seems that lately I am traveling about once a month, and I just can't bear the thought of not leaving some prepared food for the family.  I usually will prep lunches for my husband and kids before I go.  Sometimes even a dinner or two.  Yeah, I know, I am pretty nice ;)

I would like to share a very fast and easy lunch prep that took me just a little over one hour in total to pull together.  And I was also able to make a snack and prep a dinner within that time slot, so I would say this was a productive Sunday morning to me.

The point here is that it is not always bad that you buy stuff in a package or a bag!  We are all very busy people and it is ok to grab pre packaged goods to save some time, but still be healthier than going out to eat (and cheaper too).

Ingredients:
  • 1 small bag of fingerling potatoes: as an alternative, there are many microwaveable potato bags out there that you can use.
  • 1 bag of precut broccoli and cauliflower
  • 30 oz pack of turkey breast tenderloins (from Aldi)
  • Salt and pepper (optional)

Instructions:
1. If you have 2 ovens, pre heat one oven to 400F and the other to 325 F.
2. While ovens are heating, line 3 baking sheets with foil and spray.
3. Wash and slice all the potatoes in half.   Place into a bowl.
4. Place turkey in a baking dish.  
5. Place turkey in oven for 60 minutes.
6. While turkey is in the oven: work on potatoes and veggies.  Open bag of veggies and place on baking sheet.  
7. Season veggies (I use salt and pepper) and spray.  Place in oven for 20 minutes.
8. While veggies are in the oven: work on potatoes.  Toss in bowl with 2 tbsp olive oil.  Season with salt and pepper, if desired.  Place on baking sheet.
9. Once the veggies are done, pull them out and place the potatoes in for 20-30 minutes.
10. While potatoes are in the oven, work on other things in the kitchen!  I chose to cook up taco meat for Monday's dinner and I also made a batch of my energy bars (peanut butter oat bars) for snacks.
11. Once the potatoes are done, pull them out and the turkey should be done shortly thereafter.
12. Let everything cool and then start staging your containers to package these for lunches.  I packed up 4 lunches with what I had but you could potentially stretch this out more.  


The before picture.

Roasted veggies.
Roasted potatoes.
Cooked turkey.  Everything is out, time to stage it all now!
I use Rubbermaid containers.
First go the veggies.

Then add the potatoes.


Finally, the turkey.
This looks to be a very tasty lunch!
I wish I was staying in town to eat it.
Containers are all lined up and ready for the fridge.
This was the taco meat I cooked up while waiting for the potatoes and turkey.
These are my favorite energy bars!  Also made during oven time!

No comments:

Post a Comment