Wednesday, December 28, 2016

3 Ingredient Applesauce Brownies

These last couple of weeks have been tough in terms of resisting all the sweets that are around.

I mean, come on.  Look at all of these wonderful cookies that we get from friends, family, and people at work.  How do you say no?
My solution has been to make my own treats.  I love my chickpea blondies.   I also find that my California fruitcake is a healthier alternative.  I also recently discovered a really easy and delicious brownie recipe.  Only 3 ingredients are required.  How easy is that?

Ingredients:
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup organic peanut butter (you can substitute almond butter)
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Coat a 4X6 or 6X6 pan with cooking spray and set aside.  A smaller pan will yield thicker brownies.
3. In a large mixing bowl, mix the applesauce and peanut butter together.  Mix well.
4. Add cocoa powder to the mixture and mix until fully incorporated.  Batter will be thick.
5.  Transfer mixture to the pan.  Bake for 35-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
6. Allow brownies to cool.  Once cooled, refrigerate for several hours (even better overnight).

This recipe yields about 6 brownies.  Nutritional info below!  Not bad - certainly better than a cookie.


Before baking.  The batter tasted great!
After baking.
I did sneak in a bite while warm.
Yummy.


Oh yeah!

Looks like a regular old brownie.

Moist and delicious.
Nutrition information:
Calories: 158
Fat: 11.8 g
Carbs: 11.1 g
Protein: 6 g

No comments:

Post a Comment