Thursday, December 29, 2016

Skinny Snickerdoodles

My husband loves snickerdoodles.  I have been searching for a recipe that does not require sugar and butter.  I also recently came in to possession of almond flour, thanks to my sister in law.  Oh my gosh, I love this stuff.  I find it to be so much more filling than regular flour.  It is low carb and packs more nutrients.  And thus, these cookies were born.  No sugar, no cinnamon sugar, no butter, and yet - amazingly flavorful.  Well, to me they were!  My husband still likes his sugar, though he did eat one of these, so I will deem it a small victory for now.

This recipe makes 9 cookies.  I was focused on a small batch here.  Obviously, you can double it for more.  Nutrition info is at the bottom of this page.

Ingredients:
1 cup almond flour
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp baking soda
3 tbsp oil (I used canola but you can use others)
1/4 cup honey (you may be able to substitute maple syrup)
1 tbsp vanilla extract
Cinnamon (for rolling)

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray a baking sheet.
2. Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
3. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients.  Mix to form a dough.
4. Form dough into balls.
5. Spread cinnamon into a shallow bowl.  Roll each ball in cinnamon and place on baking sheet.
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
The completed product.
Another view of the final product.

Here you can see the moist inside with that lovely almond flour!

Nutrition Information:
Calories: 120
Fat: 9.9 g
Carbs: 7.4 g
Protein: 2.2 g

No comments:

Post a Comment