I have a new favorite pancake recipe!
The base only requires 2 ingredients. It is low calorie and packed with nutrition.
It doesn't get any better than this, does it?
Optional additions (one addition per pancake) - I have tried and enjoy these all:
Peanut or almond butter
1. Cut and mash banana in a bowl.
2. Add eggs. Mix thoroughly. Add optional addition of either cinnamon, raspberries, or blueberries (or try something new!).
3. Spray and heat a pan with nonstick cooking spray.
4. Drop batter on to warm pan. I recommend keeping batches small and let them get nice and crispy, then turn them over.
5. Once done, you can spread peanut or almond butter on them as another option.
I typically split this recipe in half for myself so I have half a banana with one egg. It is a great breakfast or snack. It leaves me satisfied for hours when I add peanut butter! Even with the recipe in half, I can make 3 to 6 pancakes in that small batch. Nutrition info below is for the half recipe. It does not include the optional add ins.
Nutrition info for a half recipe:
Fat: 5.2 g
Carbs: 13.5 g
Protein: 6.5 g
|While the pancakes are cooking: one plain, one blueberry...|
and one raspberry with a renegade blueberry!
|Fully cooked pancakes.|
|Plain pancake - great on its own!|
If you add cinnamon, it does dilute the banana taste.
This may be desired if you are not a huge banana fan.
|A stack of cinnamon banana pancakes!|
The blueberry is a great substitute for jam!
No added sugar.
Again, the raspberry is a great jam substitute.
|I was so excited to eat this that my picture came out all fuzzy!|
This is a close up of the raspberry pancake.
Trust me, it was delicious!
|My favorite combo.|
Plain banana pancake which I then spread with organic peanut butter.
A great protein boost!