Wednesday, February 15, 2017

2 Ingredient Pancakes

I have a new favorite pancake recipe!

The base only requires 2 ingredients.  It is low calorie and packed with nutrition.

It doesn't get any better than this, does it?  

Base Ingredients:
1 banana
2 eggs

Optional additions (one addition per pancake) - I have tried and enjoy these all:
Cinnamon
Raspberries
Blueberries
Peanut or almond butter

Instructions:
1. Cut and mash banana in a bowl.
2. Add eggs.  Mix thoroughly. Add optional addition of either cinnamon, raspberries, or blueberries (or try something new!).
3. Spray and heat a pan with nonstick cooking spray.
4. Drop batter on to warm pan.  I recommend keeping batches small and let them get nice and crispy, then turn them over.  
5. Once done, you can spread peanut or almond butter on them as another option.

I typically split this recipe in half for myself so I have half a banana with one egg.  It is a great breakfast or snack.  It leaves me satisfied for hours when I add peanut butter!  Even with the recipe in half, I can make 3 to 6 pancakes in that small batch.  Nutrition info below is for the half recipe.  It does not include the optional add ins.

Nutrition info for a half recipe:
Calories: 122
Fat: 5.2 g
Carbs: 13.5 g
Protein: 6.5 g

While the pancakes are cooking: one plain, one blueberry...
and one raspberry with a renegade blueberry!
Fully cooked pancakes.
Plain pancake - great on its own!
If you add cinnamon, it does dilute the banana taste.
This may be desired if you are not a huge banana fan.
A stack of cinnamon banana pancakes!
Blueberry pancake.
The blueberry is a great substitute for jam!
No added sugar.
Ohhh yeah.

Raspberry pancake.
Again, the raspberry is a great jam substitute.
I was so excited to eat this that my picture came out all fuzzy!
This is a close up of the raspberry pancake.
Trust me, it was delicious!
My favorite combo.
Plain banana pancake which I then spread with organic peanut butter.
A great protein boost!












No comments:

Post a Comment