Thursday, March 9, 2017

Peanut Butter Protein Shake

If you like peanut butter, then you will enjoy this shake.  This hits about 180 calories and 29 grams of protein.  That is some serious protein to start your day.  Please note that this nutrition info is based off of using peanut butter flour, or peanut flour.

What is peanut powder, you ask?  Only the best invention ever!  Press about 90% of the oil out of peanut butter and you get a powder with all the flavor and benefits of protein but less calories and fat.  You can use it in shakes like this and I also like to stir it in Greek yogurt or bake it as a cookie or blondie (I will have to post my recipes, but I am still experimenting!).

A note of caution!  PB2 is a very popular brand of peanut butter flour, but what I don't like about it is that it contains sugar.  I found a brand in my local grocery store that I now buy in bulk called Crazy Richard's.  No sugar and 50 calories/12 g protein for 2 tbsp!

On to the shake!

Ingredients:
1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I used Quest vanilla milkshake)
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
2 tbsp peanut butter flour or 1 tbsp organic peanut butter
8 ice cubes
Optional: 1/2 cup water (if you like a more runny shake)

Instructions:
Place all items in a blender and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment