Sunday, June 18, 2017

Banana Bread Bits

It is too hot to be baking! So I have been experimenting with no bake recipes.  These remind me of cake balls but without the sugar.  The banana gives you a sweet fix and energy to fuel yourself for whatever the day may bring.  If you choose to add protein powder, you can get an extra boost there.  I did add a scoop of vanilla Shakeology to mine.  As you may have heard in one of my recent FB live videos, I got off of Quest brand protein bars and subsequently, their powders as well.  They were not agreeing with my gut and I also was finding them way too sweet.  Shakeology has been a good alternative for me, but feel free to substitute any protein powder you like if you choose to.

Ingredients:
2 tbsp. almond or peanut butter
1 scoop protein powder (optional)
1 cup oat flour
Pinch of salt
1 banana, ripe as can be
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
Cinnamon (optional)

Instructions:
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl.  If you do not add protein powder, you may want to start with less almond milk and add as you go until you get a batter.
2. Roll into balls.
3. Optional: add a sprinkle of cinnamon on top of each ball.
4. Keep refrigerated.

Nutrition (makes 16 balls):
Calories: 60
Fat: 1.8 g
Carbs: 8 g
Protein: 2.8 g

No comments:

Post a Comment