Sunday, June 18, 2017

Hemp Powder Bars




I was at the local farmer's market recently and ran into a guy selling his own hemp powder.  I love experimenting with new things, so I bought a bag.  Hemp powder is a great protein source that is plant based and full of fiber.  Many people make this the base of their protein shakes.  I prefer to make something that is eaten with them, so away I went with trying out a few recipes.  This one is by far my favorite.  It is sweet and very satisfying! 


Ingredients:
10 Medjool dates, pitted
1/2 cup mixed nuts
1 tbsp. cinnamon
3 tbsp. hemp powder
1/4 cup peanut butter


Instructions:
1. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
2. Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and pulse until it forms a thick batter.
3. Spoon mixture into loaf pan, spread, and place in fridge for 30 minutes.
4. Cut in to bars.  Keep refrigerated.


Nutrition Info: (makes 9 bars)
Calories: 152
Fat: 5.6 g
Carbs: 21.9 g
Protein: 3.5 g

No comments:

Post a Comment